Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update: Templates, Signage, Invites, and Project Starbuck

Just a quick update on a few things before I get into the progress of the Lost and Found Campaign, herein referred to as "Project Starbuck" for the purposes of security.

Web Templates- Randy is just about ready to make them live, they should be live by the end of the week. I went ahead and assigned color groups to different departments/programs to help make his life easier. This is completely negotiable, if one doesn't fit let me know and I can change it.
Communication – Red
English – Grey
History – Green
Languages and Literature – Blue (I promised this to them already)
Linguistics – Grey
Philosophy – Gold

AWC – Gold
Asia Center/Asian Studies – Green
British Studies – Blue
Cail – Green
Confucius Institute – Red
Documentary Studies – Blue
Environmental Humanities – Green
International Studies – Grey
Latin American Studies – Gold
Middle East Center – Gold
Tanner Humanities Center – Grey
UWP – Blue
UWC - Gold

ID Studies – Red
CoH Advancement – Grey
CoH Development – Gold
DiBona – Red
Humanities in Focus – Grey
Peace and Conflict Studies – Blue
RMCR – Red

Signage
The CTI Building signage is turning into a hurdle. I got one estimate back from Signarama, and they were great, the other people I had high hopes for, High Tech Signs, but they haven't been corresponding with me at all so I'm inclined to not use them at all. I sent in for an estimate with AMCrafters, so I should be hearing back from them soon.

Invitations:
The invitations are at the printers, and Shelly assures me they can make the August 8th deadline.

Project Starbuck
The past few weeks have been monumental in the course of this project. The meeting with Mark Woodland went really well, we have full support from UMC and he offered some wonderful ideas. One such idea was to include a game aspect to the campaign, such as a scavenger hunt or riddle that can be solved for significant prizes such as books for a year or half tuition. Heidi and I thought this was a great idea and can add a whole new level of interactivity to the campaign. Mark also suggested that we can extend this campaign for a full two years, instead on one academic year like I had originally proposed. He thought that as long as we don't go to full transparency at any time during the project, we should be just fine to keep reinvigorating it with new games and puzzles.

The next step for us is to create the Phase one materials - the hand made posters, flyers and the website(s). I am going to bring together a brainstorming group of students and professionals so we can make a plan about what this is going to look like. Hopefully, I can have these sessions twice a month for the duration of the project to create this campaign. I have many many names from the classes I went to, so there is a lot of interest from the student population. I plan on starting these after finals, so the students can breathe a bit.

Once the Phase one materials are planned out and created, we can start focusing in on the Phase Two materials. This will take some time, but it will be very exciting.

No comments: