Friday, June 20, 2008

My week...

Here is a rundown of what I've been up to this week, in no specific order.

CTI Opening Invites
Check out these lo-res versions of the invite that I worked up. Note, that it is not to scale, nor is the brown background correct, that is just a representation of the paper:

Version One:

Version Two:
Personally I am inclined toward the vertically aligned invite because it works better with the tree motif, and the text fits better. Again, these are just drafts, mostly unrefined, and the proper paper isn't represented.

Other Projects:
I helped Cheryl at the DiBona Center with some website stuff, she has some very unique problems, but they are mostly just glitches with the system, not anything she is doing wrong.

The check for Nicol FINALLY came and is in the mail to her parents. I feel like I should send her flowers or something as well because it's been almost two months now since she did the work for us.

The Confucius Institute asked me to do a poster for them for their earthquake benefit. I am running into some problems however about image rights. Mike keeps sending me all of these wonderful images, but they are a) too lo-res or b) rights restricted as they have been taken by news agencies. I'll see if I can find anything in the creative commons area to use.

Not much else to report as the invite took up most of my time and I was ill on Thursday. Let me know what you guys think about the invites!

No comments: